Shark fans are preparing for a feeding frenzy of Sharknado2 and Shark Week. Bone up on your shark facts and get ready for the premiere of Sharknado2 tomorrow, July 30.
10 Shark-y Facts You Should Know:
1. Nudists were right all along. Did you know that contrasting colors or uneven tan lines can attract a shark? So make sure you tan au naturale.
2. Sharks need love too. In aquarium settings, sharks have been trained to recognize sounds and touch.
3. Ouch! Helcoprion, a prehistoric shark, sliced its prey with its eviscerating, 360-degree spiral of menacing teeth.
4. How do you catch a shark? Professionals coax it into a large plastic tube known as a “shark-sock”. Are you kidding?!! Don’t try this at home.
5. Who are the bullies on the block? The Tiger, Great White and Bull sharks are the sharks that attack the most humans. They seem to prefer these tender, human-sized appetizers.
6. He’s not smiling. The Great White shark grows up to 20,000 sharp and pointy teeth in his lifetime. He never runs out of teeth either. If one is lost, another spins forward from rows and rows of backup teeth.
7. Guess who’s coming to dinner? Normally sharks dine alone. If, the Great White is ever part of a group feeding, they take turns eating….from the largest to the smallest.
8. They were here first. Sharks predate dinosaurs by 200 million years. The largest, prehistoric shark might have grown up to 67 feet in length.
9. Hmmmm. Since baby sharks are born with a full set of teeth, they are able to feed and live on their own soon after birth.
10. Filet o’ fish? Sharks don’t have a single bone in their body. Their skeletons are made entirely of cartilage—-for flexibility and cruising long distances.
Now you can watch Sharknado and Sharknado2: The Sharkening The Second One in the comfort of your own home with all of the glamour of a hokey 50s 4D theater!Get the Syfy Sync app for your iPhone/iPad. Add a little more fun at your Shark party with NotTooSweetTattoos Shark Bite life-size makeup temporary tattoos. These bloody shark bite temporary tattoos are available at MixitandStixit.com, Amazon.com and Target. Great for Shark Week too which starts Sunday, August 10. Bloody Marys are optional.